I am overwhelmed and humbled! Eccentric Soul and Candelescent have just nominated my Everyday Wonders blog for the Liebster Award! I am overcome with gratitude! Oza has such a fun way of writing, and Candelescent I feel, has a certain feminine strength and youthfulness to her blog that are very enjoyable.
Blogging 101 has seriously been one of the greatest things I have been through as a writer. I have had the great privilege to get to know so many amazing bloggers. Their stories, insights, and unique voices have been an inspiration to me.
Here’s how it works:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
Here are my answers to Candelescent’s questions:
- Who or what inspired you to blogging? That is fairly difficult to answer because I love writing for so many reasons. Everyday Wonders came about as a way for me to keep myself accountable by writing about my journey, and kind of evolved in to a way to share tips and tricks I learned as well. I blog though because I absolutely love writing. it makes my soul thrive! It is also a great place to rant and share opinions once in a while. lol
- Favorite day of the week & why? Right now, tuesday is my favoirite day because it is the beginning of the two days in a row that I do not have to work double shifts. This will eventually change and I will go back to loving my weekends.
- A technology you would love to be made possible for use? Very difficult… I don’t usually think about technology, but about getting away from technology (except when I want to write my blog lol) I suppose if there was a way to teleport for free all around the world, that would be cool. That is what I pick.
- Favorite book genre? My favorite book genre is between classics and Christian living (Bruce Wilkinson, Ravi Zecharias, Derek Prince, etc)
- One thing on your bucket list? Swimming with sharks is one of the ones I have not done yet.
- An embarrassing moment in your life? I don’t really remember ever being embarrassed. I am just not usually phased by things.
- A proud moment in your life? Becoming an aunt this last February, seeing my sister handle herself so well when she got married a few years ago…
- Egg or chicken? Chicken. As someone who believes in creation, I believe that God created the chicken, and then the chicken would have “reproduced after its own kind.”
- Favorite thing to do on the weekend? Right now I work every day and don’t really get time to do what I want to… but if I had a couple days off, I would want to travel to the mountains and hike, camp, spend time with my sweetie…
- What is your curtain pattern? I have no curtains. Right now I have blankets pinned up to my windows to insulate the house so that we don’t have to use the air conditioning as much :p
- One fact people (here) don’t know about you? I LOVE spicy food!
Here are my answers to Eccentric Soul’s questions:
What comes to your mind, when I say ‘travel’? any type of exploration out of town or farther that requires some type of journey. I have visited much of the U.S. but still have a lot to see, and I want to see everywhere in the world I can!
Have you ever been so happy that you wished the time stopped? if so, say a little.. Yes. When I look into the eyes of someone who really cares about me, and feel safe, and comfortable, I wish time would stop and I could just live in that moment thanking God for it every second.
Who is that one person who can change your hard ‘No’to an easy Ýes? no-one. God is the only one in my life that can tell me something and change my mind that easily. Otherwise, I’m sticking to my guns.
Do you ever regret things in life? I have done things and made mistakes that some would regret, but I choose not to live with regrets or bitterness in life. I choose to forgive others and myself. I would not be the person I am if I had not been through what I have been through.
Who is your favorite Superhero character, if you have one? Batman, Wolverine, and Riddick. I like a lot of superhero characters. I am adding Dr. Who because, although he is not a superhero, he pretty much is… seriously, if you like superheroes, watch hishe on youtube. AWESOME channel!
Are you the one who always finds silly mistakes in others, even if you wish you did not? I am the one others find silly mistakes in… I do not pay enough attention to detail to see mistakes in other people. I see hearts, not mistakes.
What inspires you to write? Love, life experience… I have been writing for fun since I was ten years old. A good friend and I used to write together as a hobby, and show each other our short stories. I feel like paper is a canvas, and the written word a beautiful medium to express oneself. It brings me to life and makes me thrive!
Would you prefer writing a letter or sending an email to someone(who matters) you have not spoken to in a long time? I typically would send a letter. I love stationary and letters, and have a big box of supplies that I use fairly often.
What are you most thankful for in this world? Christ giving his life to bring me redemption, My family, Ray, my new little niece, great friends, good food, the outdoors, and writing!
What is the craziest thing you ever did in life? does skydiving count? How about scuba diving? Eating lambs brain, crickets, meal worms; moving across the country within two days of deciding to move; these are my good crazies, although I have made some bad decisions on a moments notice as well…
Were the questions tough? 😛 they were fun, not really tough… but fun 😀
And my questions for you:
- Why do you choose to write?
- Do you look at your writing as a vent or an inspired work?
- what is your favorite color?
- If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go, and who would you want to take with you(if anyone)?
- Who is one non-family member who has changed your life and inspired you?
- Complete the sentence: “Love is….”
- If you could have any superpower, which would you want?
- What do you do just before sleeping at night?
- What is a meal that you have been craving lately?
- What is your placement in your siblings?
And Finally, my nominees are:
- Candelescent: beauty, free spirit, feminine
- The Horizon Chaser: Creativity and everyday fun.
- Twisted Top in Flip Flops: Even though she has already been nominated, her creativity and artistic eye are worth following.
- Zenaida Wheels: I love reading about her adventures!!!!
- ZARA: got to love her femininity and vibrancy for life
- Meanderwithmeg: Meg writes wonderfully, simply, and with a sense of adventure. Her take on things will surprise you and make you smile.
- The Primeval Tongue: this is the first blog I ever followed. Love her recipes and advice.
- Soldiersride: an amazing blog with experiences you must read. Inspirational.